Saturday, April 10, 2010

DRESS SMART....SHOP LESS!


If you are like me, you can't afford to buy something new everytime you have somewhere to go! So, in this entry I will show you how to select one garment from your closet and work it for different situations!!! I will show you how to dress for school, a date, concert, and interview.... I chose a pair of really cute houndstooth, highwaisted shorts from Forever 21, where I used to work! And since I used to work there, a lot of these items are from there. SCHOOL For the school look... I wanted to do something really casual. So I chose a graphic tee, sweater, sandals, and a belt to add a little pop of color. Throw on some studs, a watch, grap your backpack, and you are ready for the day's lesson! Sweater, tee, shorts, and sandals -Forever21 Belt-Civvie's Backpack-Jansport Watch-BetseyJohnson Studs- Gift from Mexico DATE For a date, you want to be fun, flirty, cute, but also show your personality. I love these flower print "top".. ok..its actually a dress haha.. but its cute! Its ok to mix prints, as long as you keep everything else fairly simple. Dress and belt-Target Necklace, bracelet, and shorts- Forever21 Tights- Lane Bryant shoes- Funky Monkey (laurel, ms) FASHION INDUSTRY INTERVIEW Of course if you are interviewing for a fashion position you want to look stylish, conservative, but young! I just put on a blazer and rolled up the sleeves with a neon tee and a set of pearls. Pulling your hair up with a set of studs will really give you the professional look too. ALWAYS WEAR HEELS! or in this case booties with awesome tights! Blazer- The limited Tee, Necklace, Shorts,Booties, and bracelet- Forever21 Tights- Dillards

CONCERT

I like going to rock/hip hop concets... But I also like to dress a little beatnik. I paired a Charlie Chapman like hat with layers of necklace, a black shirt, torn tights and loose calf boots! You could make it a little edgier with heavier dark shadow or eyeliner too!

Necklaces, shorts, boots, and tights- Forever 21 Tee- Target Hat-Civvie's I hope everyone enjoyed this entry and I hoped it has inspired you to dress smarter!!! Remember catch me next Saturday with a new entry, follow my blog, and post comments on here about what you think...love you fashion victims! <3

2 comments on "DRESS SMART....SHOP LESS!"

Danshelle said...

I freaking love that last outfit. I find my self doing the mix and match all the time or cutting up something I no longer want to make it more desireable. Great post.

LinZ on April 21, 2010 at 1:10 AM said...

Thanks so much Danshelle...I think I should do more topics that everyone can relate to...i def had fun with this one..

Post a Comment

 

Bias Cutt: Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez